A family favorite, this coleslaw has an Asian flair. A great crowd pleaser. If you like coleslaw, you will love this dish.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup wildwood aioli zesty garlic
- 6 cups shredded cabbage about 3/4 head
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions white and some green parts
- 4-6 oz snow pea pods julienned
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted (see note)
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the vinegar. Stir in the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and cayenne. Gradually stir the vinegar mixture into the wildwood aioli until blended. Cover and chill, preferably overnight.
- In a bowl, toss together the cabbage, radishes, green onions, pea pods, cilantro, and almonds.
- To serve:
- Toss salad with about 3/4 of the dressing. Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- To toast nuts, spread on baking sheet and bake in oven at 375 degree's for about 5 to 8 minutes or until brown.