These are simple wonderful! A tasty, protein rich dish.
|Great recipe by The Simple Veganista!|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Lemon-Dill-Sriracha Remoulade
- 2/3 cups cashews preferrably soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1/3 cup water + more as needed
- 1 Tbs sriracha + more to taste
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons heapingfresh chopped dill
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- dash or two of onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Quinoa Cakes
- 1 cup Quinoa:
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbs water
- 1/4 cup flour of choice + more as needed I used GF quinoa flour
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for skillet
- For Remoulade: Place all remoulade ingredients in a blender, except the dill, and blend until smooth. If mixture is too wet, add a few cashews and blend again....If too thick add 1 Tbs water at a time until desired consistency. Stir the dill in by hand. Taste for seasoning adding more of whatever you like while blending by hand. Cover and keep at room temp or place in the fridge until ready to use. Can be made a couple of days in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
- For quinoa cakes: Cook quinoa according to package with the broth or water. While quinoa is cooking, start your flax egg by mixing the ground flax seed with 3 Tbs water in a bowl to thicken. In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa, flax gel, flour, onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic. The mixture should be moist enough to stick together, remaining slightly tacky. Add additional flour or water to adjust consistency. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Form into approx 8 - 12 patties about 1/2 inch thick (I got 8 with mine) (Patties can be made a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or non stick pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, undisturbed, until nicely browned on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Keep finished quinoa cakes on a wire rack set over a baking sheet (or on a foil lined baking sheet) in the preheated oven until all cakes have been cooked. Plate the hot quinoa cakes with a generous dollop of remoulade and pair with a steamed vegetable of choice. Serve immediately.
- They can be baked in the oven unti golden brown and heated though on a lightly greased baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping once after the first 15 minutes.