If your family just won’t eat kale, this is a game changer!
|Eat Drink Shine. Inspiration from our kitchen. by the Blissful Sisters, Jennifer, Jessica and Jill Emich. page 136|
- 2 large bunches of kale de-stemmed and chopped into bite size pieces. Spinach or Swiss chard can be substituted for kale in this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cartons vegetable broth
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup raw cashews covered in water and simmered for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Put the chopped kale in a mixing bowl with lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. rub the kale between your hands for a few minutes, massaging the leaves until they have a silky texture. set aside
- Heat the broth in a small pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes
- Transfer the seasoned broth to a blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, miso, and nutmeg and puree until smooth
- In a medium saute' pan, heat the coconut oil and saute' kale until fully cooked. Add the coconut milk mixture and reduce until sauce is thickend.
- server immediately. The final product should be loose but not soupy.