This overnight oatmeal is a great grab and go breakfast. Very easy to make. A very hearty meal!
|Vegetariantimes magazine January 2012|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup steel-cut oats or thick rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk or your favorite
- 4 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp gr. cloves or gr. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp gr ginger
- 1/2 tsp gr cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch largeblack pepper
- 2-4 Tbs maple syrup
- Combine oats, milk, chia seeds, cardamom, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and maple syrup in a glass container with lid. Stir, close lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- Open lid, stir and sprinkle your favorite kind of nut or topping if using. Enjoy!
- I have adapted this recipe just a touch adding more milk than the original recipe, thus putting a bit more spices etc. and it lasts me for a few days. What a simple great breakfast to just be able to grab and go!