Hands down this is a crowd pleaser. Great for families with kids as they can put their own yum bowl together the way they like.
|To my friend Mandy who invited us over and served this for dinner|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 block organic sprouted extra firm tofu or you can add chicken pieces
- pieces Any of your favorite vegetables chopped into bite sizedsuch as:
- brown rice or quinoa
- soy sauce or coconut amino's
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar of Yum Sauce (can be bought at Whole Foods New Seasons or Cafe Yum)
- My measurements are only approximate as I don't really follow a recipe for this.
- To prepare tofu, slice into smaller pieces and place between paper towels or kitchen towels to get the moisture out. Place some weight on top to squeeze out that moisture.
- Prepare the brown rice or quinoa according to package directions. Its always good to make extra to have on hand for another meal or left overs.
- Saute your vegetables of choice separately in a little olive oil and soy sauce and garlic. Season to your taste.
- Saute the tofu in a little olive oil and soy sauce.
- Line up all of the vegetables, tofu, rice or quinoa on your counter.
- In a bowl place what you want with rice on bottom, then veggies, then tofu and then top with Yum Sauce.
- This is very kid friendly because they can create their own bowl. Its good for entertaining too so people can choose their favorites to top their bowl.
- I purchase Yum Sauce at New Seasons, yes its really called Yum Sauce, its a vegan sauce and there are 3 flavors, I like the garlic the best.
- If you want chicken or beef instead of tofu, just prepare in your favorite way.