If you have peanut allergies and want to make a great snack, these are that snack. I have made these several times and they have been a hit every time!
|Recipe by rebootwithjoe.com|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 1 cup organic old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup sliced organic almonds chopped
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs creamy organic almond butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs organic raw honey
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs mini dark chocolate chips (gluten soy, dairy free)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds to roll balls in pulsed in a food processor or blender
- Combine oats, chopped almonds, flax, chia seeds, cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
- Melt almond butter in a saucepan over medium to low heat. Once almond butter has melted or softened, remove from heat and stir in honey and vanilla. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into small bite-sized balls and then roll it into the ground almonds, coating all sides.
- Let chill in the fridge. Yumm!
- Optional add ins: coconut, goji berries, raisins, chopped dates, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, pecans, cashews etc.