This is one of my all time favorite Mexican dishes! A twist on the traditional nachos by replacing corn chips with roasted potato wedges. A must try! Oh so good!
|Oh She Glows|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- Potato Wedges:
- 2-3 medium russet potatoes sliced into wedges or rounds
- 1 tbs oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- pinches fewof chili powder
- Black Bean Skillet Mixture:
- 1/2 tbs oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red sweet pepper diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 15-oz
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Tomatoes salsa, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, green onions, corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash potatoes but do not peel. Place onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment papper and toss potatoes with oil. Sprinkle generously with sea salt, pepper, and a few pinches of chili powder.
- Bake potatoes for 13-15 minutes at 425F. Flip and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until lightly charred on the bottoms.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Saute the onion, garlic, and pepper in the oil for about 7-10 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the drained and rinsed black beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste. Continue to saute for another 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use, reheating just before serving.
- Prepare your desired toppings.
- Reheat bean mixture as fries come out of the oven. When fries are ready, place onto a large serving plate or you can serve it directly on the warm pan. Spoon on warm bean mixture, followed by toppings. Serve immediately, warm. Store any leftover beans in the fridge for 1-3 days (they are great on wraps)