This salad has a great mix of flavors. It can very well be a main course which is how I eat it. You can make it vegan simply by omitting the tuna.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- Black Olive Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs sliced black olives
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans drained
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh Italian parsley flat leaf
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 small handfuls arugula leaves
- 2 6 oz cans solid tuna packed in water drained
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- To make black olive vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, olives, shallot and garlic.
- To make salad: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and butter, and cook until sauce becomes creamy and tomatoes soften, 1-2 minutes. Add beans, parsley and oregano to skillet. Cook until warmed though, about 1 minute, no longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula between 4 plates and top each with bean salad. Place tuna pieces on top of arugula and drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and garnish with lemon wedges before serving.
- Can omit the tuna to make a vegetarian dish.