|The Healthy Voyager's Global Kitchen Cookbook|
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- For Dressing:
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Salad:
- Sesame oil - I use broth for high heat cooking or preferred high-heat oil
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu drained, pressed and cubed ( I like organic Tempeh)
- 1 cup thinly sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup watercress stems removed
- 6 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 large avocado diced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 Tbs chopped chives
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- To make the salad: Add the sesame oil or broth to a pan and preheat over medium-high heat. Saute the tofu for about 5 minutes, or until lightly grilled, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute, stiring frequently, until lightly grilled, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the watercress, romaine, and arugula with 2/3 of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Place the tomatoes on top, forming a row down the middle. In strips/rows on either side of the tomatoes place the avocado, chickpeas, diced tofu, and grilled mushrooms on top of the greens. Sprinkle with the chives, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
- Can add so much to this salad. Try grilled onions, grilled broccolini, or grilled zucchini. Experiment and come up with your own favorite!
- For gluten free - use wheat free tamari
- For soy free - use coconut aminos and soy free meat substitutes