|Vegetarian Times Magazine Sept 2011|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 2-12 oz bunches kale stems removed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs tahini
- 2 Tbs braggs liquid aminos optional (or coconut amino's for soy free)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 tsp honey optional
- Optional Add In's
- 1 cup chopped parsley or mint
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 lb roasted potatoes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or almonds
- 1 orange cut into segments
- Stack 8 kale leaves, and roll into tight cylinder. Slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining kale.
- Blend 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, oil, tahini, Braggs Liquid Aminos (if using), garlic and honey (if using) in blender until smooth. (you will have about 1 cup dressing)
- Toss kale with about half the dressing or more to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add any optional ingredients desired.
- You can use soy sauce or coconut aminos in place of Braggs Liquid Aminos.