|Recipe from This Rawsome Vegan Life|
- 1 cup raw gluten free oats
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup strong brewed chai tea plus the chai filling in the tea bag
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Your favorite fruit
- To make the crust: Pulse the oats and dates together in your food processor until it starts to stick together. Press into the bottom of tart molds. Set in the fridge.
- To make the filling: Blend all ingredients together in your food processor until smooth. It should be pretty thick but keep it mind it will thicken more. If it's very thin, add another banana or more cashews. Put the filling in each tart mold and set in the fridge or freezer overnight (or for a few hours if you simply can't wait).
- Decorate with fresh and dried fruit before serving and enjoy!
- I didn't have tart molds so used paper muffin cups. I pushed the crust out in the cup (pretty much flattened the cup) and made a lip for the edge.
- I definitely suggest leaving the crust in the fridge overnight, it made a big difference in the texture of the crust.
- I also didn't add the filling of the chai tea bag. I did however add a little more cinnamon and nutmeg.
- The whole family loved this treat!