I love salsa! This salsa has such a unique flavor, we love it! The spice we use is from Hartz Spice made here in Portland. I found it at a local farmers market.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- For Salsa:
- 10 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped Calamata Olives
- 1/2 cup chopped Cucumber
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- For Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbs. Greek Taverna Blend spice mix
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard (if gluten or soy free choose an appropriate mustard)
- For Salsa: Mix all salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- For Vinaigrette: 1. Mix the Greek Taverna Blend and water together and let stand for a few minutes. 2. Combine all the remaining ingredients with the spice mixture.
- Pour some of the vinaigrette on the salsa, you can use as much or as little as you desire. The remainder of the vinaigrette can be used for salad dressing.
- Serve salsa with chips or lavash crackers. Salsa can also be used on top of baguette slices or a nice grilled Halibut.