Have you ever had a grilled salad? My husband questioned grilling lettuce on the BBQ but he quickly got over it and requests this salad for dinner!
|by Edible Perspective|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 large organic head romaine lettuce with stem end attached
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 large head of broccoli or large handful of broccolini
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt / pepper
- fresh minced garlic
- Heat your grill over medium about 350. If you want your veggies warm while waiting for everything to cook, preheat your oven to 250 and have a large baking sheet ready to place grilled veggies on as they finish cooking.
- Halve your romaine lettuce. Wash and dry carefully so not to break them from the stem. Lightly rub olive oil and minced garlic onto the leaves.
- Toss the broccoli and mushrooms with a tad of olive oil with some salt and pepper.
- Repeat with chickpeas. Feel free to add a pinch of garlic powder or ghost pepper sea salt from whole foods!
- Rub onion with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill onions and mushrooms. Grill broccoli so its lightly charred, but still tender crisp.
- Grill chickpeas on a grilling pan and cook until lightly toasted.
- Grill avocado until it has just grill marks and no more. Do the same for the lettuce, grill just until you see grill marks, flip and do the same on the other side. Be careful not to over cook.
- Arrange beautifully on your plates. Lightly squeeze lemon over top.
- You can eat the salad just as is, but if you feel you need a little more dressing, feel free to use your favorite healthy salad dressing. We tried a dressing with jalapenos for a little kick and it was amazing!
- Feel free to grill up any other desired veggies like zucchini, bell pepper etc...