If you like avocado's, you will love this salad. Its been a hit at every gathering I have brought it to. One of the most asked for recipes I have.
|My good friend Allison|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained, 15oz
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tb minced jalapeno pepper seeded
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp gr cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe avocado seeded, peeled and diced
- Place tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno pepper, lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
- Just before you're ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.