|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 cups dry whole grain macaroni pasta brown rice or quinoa are good
- Water for boiling pasta
- 3 ribs celery small diced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red onion small diced
- 1 red bell pepper small diced
- 1 15- oz can black olives sliced
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 Medjool dates pitted and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard choose soy and gluten free when necessary
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, place cashews and pitted, diced dates and 1/2 cup water; set aside. Cook the pasta according to ther package instructions; drain, and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss celery, carrot, red onion, bell pepper, olives, parsley, and basil.
- In a high-speed blender, blend all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Add the pasta and dressing to the bowl of vegetables and mix together. Garnish with avocado, chopped parsley and/or basil.
- If you do not have dates on hand, a 1/2 cup of apple juice may be substituted for the dates and water. You may also make the dressing without the cashews, it just won't be creamy, but will still taste good and have lower calories.