|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 medium sweet potatoes Adjust number of sweet potatoes per person, and buy organic when possible for best quality and flavor.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked(or regular) paprika
- pinch sea salt or lemon juice optional
Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1/4 60 grams hummas (or tahini)
- 3/4 - 1 tsp dried dill or sub 2-3 tsp of fresh dill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 3 cloves of garlic
- water or unsweetened almond milk to thin
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- chili garlic sauce
Garlic Herb Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half length wise. This will speed up cooking time. Otherwise, leave whole and bake longer (approximately double time, 45 minutes to 1 hour)
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another depending on size)
- While the sweet potatoes and chick peas are roasting, prepare your sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine, only add water or almond milk to thin so it's pourable. Taste and add seasonings as needed. Add more garlic for more zing, salt for savoriness, lemon for freshness, and dill for a more intense herb flavor.
- NOTE: If you don't have hummis, tahini (which you can DIY) will make a great base substitution for the sauce - just adjust the seasonings to accommodate the lack of flavor tahini provides.
- Also prepare the parsley-tomato topping by tossing tomato and parsley with lemon juice and setting aside to marinate
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chickpeas are golden brown - roughly 25 minutes - remove from oven
- For serving, flip potatoes flesh side up and smash the inside down a little bit. Then top with chickpeas, sauce and parsley-tomato garnish. serve immediately
- Additional side ideas might include hummis, pita chips, Baba Ganoush, or Persian Eggplant dip.