We love Mexican food! This thick stew is great with chips, cilantro, olives and any other favorite items and spices you like with Mexican food.
|Modified from a Whole Foods Recipe|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2-3 Tbs taco seasoning
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-2 zucchini or summer squash cut into small cubes
- 1 15 oz can no salt added black beans
- 1 15 oz can no salt added pinto beans
- 1 14.5 oz fire-roasted organic tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Sautee onion, carrots and garlic with taco seasoning until translucent. Add zucchini and sautee for another 3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture, broth, beans, grean beans, tomatoes, corn and salsa into a soup pot. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Can also be cooked in the oven in a oven proof pot. Prepare as stated above, just put in an oven proof pot and cook for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Can add more vegetables like chopped spinach, chopped red or green pepper and any other desired vegetables. So easy to make!