This makes a large bowl of Mexican rice! Great for a pot luck.
|Got this recipe from a freind, source unknown|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice cooked
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 cans cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 sweet red peppers diced
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 2-3 limes
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a very large bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cliantro, garlic, salt and pepper into a vinaigrette. Saute the corn in a little oil over high heat until a little brown, then add the red pepper and the onion and cook until onion is translucent. Cool. Add all ingredients to the bowl of vinaigrette and mix thoroughly. Taste, and tweek it til it's perfect for you!
- Delicious topped with lots of fresh tomatoes and avocados.