I used my Vitamix to make this before I had a food processor. I added both the thyme and the rosemary as I like the herbs!.
|Forks over Knives by Dreena Burton|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup carrot cut in discs
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove medium-largegarlic
- 2 oz cans chickpeas rinsed and drained, 14each
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs tomato paste can substitute natural ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ted wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard make sure you have gluten and soy free if nec
- ground black pepper (optional
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or rosemary leaves
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- In a food processor, first add carrots, bell pepper, and garlic, pulse until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients except rolled oats and process through. Stop processor a few times and scrape down, and contnue to process until smooth. Then add rolled oats and pulse through.
- Remove bowl and place in frige to chill mixture, for about 1/2 hour.
- When ready to shape patties, take out scoops of mixture and form burgers in your hands. To cook, place patties on a non-stick skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Let cook on one side for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Then flip, and let cook for another 5-7 minutes on teh other side.
- Alternatively, these patties can be baked at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, flipping about half way through.
- Serve on buns, or in a tortillas or pitas with fixing of choice.