This is a protein rich dish that is sure to satisfy. Great for leftovers too!
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- Salad ingredients:
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli or elbow Quinoa pasta
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil for pasta
- 1 cup cooked red or rainbow quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed(about one can)
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 3water + 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 in to 2 chipotle pepperadobo sause minced*
- 3 cloves garlic minced*
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper*
- * Instead of chopping or mincing you can toss all the ingredients (except cilantro which can be added at end) into a blender and blended until smooth
- If using chia gel in place of olive oil, combine 3 tbsps of water and 1 tsp of chia seeds. Mix well and set aside.
- Note: If you are planning on making this salad ahead of time the pasta will keep best with the addition of oil. If you dont want to use the full 3 tbsps for the dressing, simply toss the pasta with a little olive oil just after cooking.
- Cook quinoa pasta according to package directions, being careful not to over or under cook. Drain and rinse. Toss with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, olive oil or chia gel, chipotle, peppers, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked pasta with cooked quinoa, beans, tomato, corn, peppers, and onion. Toss with dressing, reserving a little if desired. When ready to serve, add in avocado and additional dressing if desired.