A unique flavor for a quinoa salad. Can be used as a side, a light entry or a great lunch.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 1 cup Quinoa: rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 large red onion finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbs Champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed toasted and ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup diced jicama 2 oz
- 1.5 Tbs fresh lime juice plus more to taste
- 1.5 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in small pot; add quinoa and salt. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer over low heat 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Fill separate saucepan with water, bring to a boil, and drop in diced onion for 30 seconds. Drain onion, then toss with vinegar in small bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in large skillet over medium heat; add corn, cumin, and cayenne; saute 3 minutes.
- Transfer corn to large bowl and add quinoa, remaining 2 Tbs oil, onion, jicama, lime juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Just before serving , add pumpkin seeds, parsley, and an extra drizzle of lime juice if desired.
- Per 1 cup serving; 135 cal; 4 gr protein; 7 gr total fat; 14 gr carbs; 0 mg cholesterol; 77 mg sodium; 5 gr fiber; 6 gr sugars