Written by Julie Van den Kerchove at mbgfood
Fall brings comfort food. When you are trying to eat better, finding a good recipe is a must. This recipe brings the taste of Fall with a healthy twist. It was a family hit!
- 1/2 cup chopped dates soak in water if needed
- 2 TBS almond butter organic of course
- 1 TBS maple syrup organic
- 1 TBS coconut oil unrefined
- 2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp fine grain sea salt this is a must!
- For the caramel: combine dates, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt in a small food processor. Mix until smooth and well combined.
I thinned mine out by adding a little alternative milk. Coconut milk would be great!