If you like Velveeta or Rotello cheese but need to get something healthier to replace it, this is a great option. Great on baked potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower or homemade nachos!
|Adapted from the many vegan cheeses on the internet today|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 oz. pimentos
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes heaping Tbs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all in a blender until smooth.
- I brought this to a neighborhood get together with carrot and celery sticks, as well as corn chips. Everyone loved it and asked me where I got the cheese, it tasted a little like rotello if you are familiar with that.
- They were surprised that I made it myself, and that it contained no cheese at all.
- Its great over nachos and makes good mac and cheese. We like our mac and cheese with a can of Amy's chili on top too.
- Don't dispare if the first time you make it, it doesn't turn out. I had to play with it to get the taste we were looking for. Everyone will be different on this, just experiment.