This is my husbands favorite salad. He requests I make that "big pasta salad" so he has leftovers for lunch, it makes great leftover lunches! Seriously the bowl has so many veggies, the pasta is hard to find!
|From Devi's Kitchen|
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 small package curly or penne pasta choose appropriately if gluten free
- 1-2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 cup blanched broccoli or roasted which I prefer
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts drained
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup roasted asparagus
- 1 cup roasted zuchinni
- 1 cup halved kalmata olives
- Your favorite Italian dressing (if gluten and or soy free choose accordingly)
- To roast the asparagus and zucchini, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut into bite sized pieces toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 8 to 10 min. or until slightly cooked but not mushy.
- To blanch the broccoli, cut into small pieces and place into boiling water for about 15-30 seconds. Immediately drain and rinse under cold water until completely cooled.
- Cut all the vegetables and place into a large bowl, along with roasted veggies and blanched veggies.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, rinse and drain.
- Add pasta to the vegetables and toss. You may not necessarily use all of the pasta you cooked, add as much as you feel looks right. The object is to have as much vegetables as pasta if not more. Pour your favorite Italian dressing over ,mix together and serve.
- You can add any of your favorite vegetables that sound good to you.
- You can make this gluten free by using any of your favorite gluten free pasta .
- Be sure to use a healthy Italian dressing. Read the back of the bottle or make your own dressing.