If you love chili, but want a healthier version, this is it! What a great quick dinner, especially on a cold night.
|A friend shared this with me, but I don't know where she got it!|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves largegarlic minced
- 3 Tbs chili powder
- 1 medium size sweet green pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium size sweet red pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 medium size yellow squash diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground red cayenne pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes 14.5 oz, I often times will at 2 cans
- 1 can corn kernels drained, 11 oz
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed (I add 2 cans of beans), 15.5 oz
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in 4 quart pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili powder; saute for 5 minutes. Add green and red peppers; saute 5 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, oregano and ground red cayenne pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 10 min. stir in corn, black beans and salt; cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with accompaniments
- avocados, chopped red onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalepeno, or whatever you feel like sprinkling on top. Enjoy!
- I use frozen corn instead of canned. I also added an extra can of beans.