A good breakfast or dinner. A vegan fritatta. One of my daughters favorite dishes.
|About.com vegetarian food|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1/4 cup olive oil or less
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 12 oz package organic firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large frying pan, sautee the onions, garlic, and bottoms of the green onions in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes, pepper and sautee for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Blend tofu, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast in a food processor or blender until well mixed. Mixutre will be thick. Pour mixture into onions and potatoes and mix together well. Then pour into a greased pie pan.
- Cook 45-50 minutes, until top is firm and cooked through.
- Great for breakfast or dinner.