|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||480 minutes|
- 1 - 2 chicken carcasses or beef bones for a beef broth
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 head garlic sliced
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- handful fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- 16 cups filtered water
- Place all ingredients into an 8 quart pot or crock pot, cover, and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 hours or overnight. Strain stock through a large stainless steel colander or fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or another 8 quart pot.
- Pour the stock into quart jars when cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Freezes great too!