We love a good tapenade. I found this recipe and now its a regular when we entertain on our back patio or invite people to dinner.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 6- oz can California Green Ripe Olives well drained
- 1 6- oz can California Black Ripe Olives well drained
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Place shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a food processor and pulse on and off until finely chopped. Add olives, basil, salt and pepper and pulse again until chopped. Cover and chill for 1 hour (May be prepared 1 day ahead) Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
- Definately prepare a day ahead! Its much better when the flavors sit for a day.
- I couldn't find smoked dried tomatoes so I used the roasted tomatoes found at the olive bar at New Seasons Market, they were amazing it this tapanade.