This is a quick and easy soup recipe appropriate for lunch or a light dinner. Powerful flavor from the rosemary and garlic. Love it!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups to 3 cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes coarsely pureed in a food processor
- or 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I use Imagine No Chicken Brothl)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary about 2-3 sprigs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat and lightly saute' the green onion and garlic for just a few minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and the rosemary and simmer for a few minutes. Then add vegetable broth and the cooked chickpeas.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with freshly chopped continental parsley and finely chopped spring onions.
- Great with a big green salad!
- I didn't have green onions the last time I made this soup but I had some shallots. Yep, just as good!