My dad is a picky eater, but he loved this soup! I simply adore this soup, its easy and oh so flavorful. I usually end up adding another cup of wine as I always add more veggies and am very generous with the rosemary!
|Eating Well Magazine|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 6 in boneorganic range free chicken thighs skin removed
- 2 lb sweet potatoes cut into spears
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 leek chopped
- 6 large shallots peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 Tbs white wine vinegar
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushroom, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6 quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.
- I don't cook this in a slow cooker. I use my cassoulet pot, and I cook it in an hour. It is fantastic!
- And I always add another cup of wine and more veggies!