For a hot breakfast or even good for a dinner, this dish has an Indian flair. Can omit the eggs to make it vegan.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbs minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 4 large eggs
- combine potatoes, spinach, onion, ginger, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato mixture and press into a layer. Cook, with out stirring, until crispy and golden brown on the bottom, 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Fold in chickpeas and zucchini, breaking up chunks of potato, until just combinedl. Press back into an even layer. Carve out 4 "wells" in the mixture. Break eggs, one at a time, into a cup and slip one into each indentation. Cover and continue cooking until the eggs are set, 4-5 minutes for soft-set yolks.
- I used the whole bag of frozen potatoes which was actually 5 cups of shredded hashbrowns. I also put 2 cups spinach and 2 cups baby kale from Costco (so convienent to use). I like ginger so I also used about 2 Tbs grated ginger. I left out the eggs, instead we poured some Wild Mushroom Gravy over the top. The family loved it. Find the Mushroom Gravy under the sauces tab.
- Per serving: 382 calories; 20 gram fat; 186 mg cholesterol; 14 gram protein; 6 gram fiber; 562 mg sodium