For breakfast or dinner, this is a total upgrade to traditional hashbrowns.
|Pinch of Yum|
|Prep Time||150 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water more for soaking
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 large but thin sweet potatoes like zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- a handful of fresh basil leaves chives or other favorite herb
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Cover the cashews with water in a bowl and soak for 2 hours or so.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place in a food processor or blender (I got better texture with the blender) and add the 3/4 water, salt, and garlic. Puree until very smooth. (you can salt and pepper if you like)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes, toss in the pan for 6-7 minutes with tongs until tender. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Then add your herbs.
- Remove pan from heat and add half the cashew sauce. Add water if too thick to consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
- Notes: This recipe makes more than enough sauce for this dish. I like to use it on other meals as it tastes great. Also, sweet potato is hard to get through my spiralizer (although it worked). You could probably just grate with a grater if you don't have a spiralizer. After I was done cooking this dish, the noodles looked more like shredded potatoes anyway.