When you are having trouble getting your family to eat breakfast, this just might do the trick. For me, its more of an afterschool treat or something I would bring to a function to share.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter I like chunky too
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder I use Vega vanilla protein powder and use 2 scoops
- handful of chocolate chips optional
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (optional but I like it a lot)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease a small cake pan - 8 X 8 works.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter.
- In a blender, food processor, or I did by hand mashing the bananas with a potato masher and mixed with a spoon all the ingredients till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- NOTE: I double this recipe and still use my 8X8 pan to get a thicker brownie and cook between 45-50 minutes. I would say doubled, the recipe serves 12.