A superfood soup with immunity boosting veggies.
AUTHOR: Nalini Chilkov, Dr of Oriental Medicine, Integrative Cancer Care
Shiitake mushrooms with garlic, ginger, onions and chili peppers contribute immune boosting properties. An easy but powerful recipe!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 diced jalepeno
- 1 Tbs minced ginger
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 bunches chopped green onions 2 Tbs reserved
- 1 lb. shiitakes stems removed and tops sliced
- 2.5 quarts vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos I used more to taste
- 2 lemons or 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 block firm tofu organic
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- • Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of a stockpot on high heat. Add jalapeno , ginger, garlic, and green onions. Saute about a minute. Add shiitake mushrooms and saute 2 minutes, until softened. Add broth and soy sauce, bring to a simmer. Reduce by 20% about 5 minutes Add lemon juice or rice wine vinegar, tofu and carrots and cook gently for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chopped green onion on top.
I added more ginger and garlic when I made this. I also only used one lemon as it was a large lemon. I also added gluten free rice ramen noodles. Some Variations: *Cooked chicken or shrimp may be substituted for tofu *Add spinach or other favorite green to soup *Add rice noodles