|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 linutes|
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium seed husks 3 tbsp. if using psylium husk powder
- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt add 1/2 tsp if using coarse salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup for sugar free diets use a pinch of stevia
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a flexible, silicon loaf pan combine all ingredients, stirring well. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this the the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if too thick to stir add one or two tsp. of water until dough is manageable). Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the pan away from the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place loaf in the oven on the middle rack. bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult but important).
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too - slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.
I use a bread pan lined with parchment paper. much easier to remove from pan and roll onto oven rack.