A hearty soup chock full of beans and greens. A complete meal!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 can Cannellini beans drained
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth I use homemade bone broth
- 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes I use a box of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes - 26.46 oz
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup small gluten free pasta I tend to like Banza Chickpea Shell Pasta-the whole 8oz box. You may have to add more broth as this makes the soup very hearty and stew like
- 1 leaves bunch kale thick stems discarded,sliced
- I also add fresh thyme and rosemary ground oregano, Mrs. Dash and red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large sauce pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in drained beans, broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes and salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Feel free to add more veggies if you feel the need. As noted in the picture, I added fresh zucchini from my garden.