This is definitely one of my favorites!
|Vegan Healthy Happy Life by Kathy web site|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2-3 Tbs low sodium soy sauce or coconut amino acids for soy free
- 1-2 Tbs maple syrup
- 6 cups Broccoli: cut into small pieces
- 2-3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1 Tbs garlic powder or 2 cloves minced
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs dry quinoa measure before rinsing
- 1 2/3 cup water salted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Boil your salted water. Dissolve garlic and saffron directly into the water.
- Rinse your quinoa. Add quinoa to boiling water. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to low-med. Let cool for 10 min.
- Prep your broccoli. Add to a large bowl. Add in soy sauce, maple syrup, oil and half of the nutritional yeast. Toss well. Pour onto a baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 min.
- Return to your quinoa. After the 10 minutes, turn off heat and allow quinoa to sit for an additional 10 min. When the time is up, uncover lid and fluff with a fork. Add in the nutritional yeast and continue fluffing. You can add additional spices if you like.
- When your broccoli is roasted (takes around 10 - 15 min.) Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the remaining nutritional yeast and black pepper and let sit. Can drain off any excess liquid if you want.
- Place a few scoops of quinoa on plate and top with broccoli. Enjoy
- I double this recipe so I can have left overs.
- I didn't necessarily use all of the nutritional yeast on the broccoli, but do sprinkle generously.