If you are looking for something different, this has the most amazing taste! A very hearty black bean chili with orange and cumin.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 Oranges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves pressed
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 15.5- ounce cans of seasoned black beans drained
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice
- hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Grate Orange peel (enough to measure 1 1/2 tsp). Juice oranges. Set aside
- Heat oil in heave large sausepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, saute' 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and spices. Add beans, tomatoes, and half of orange juice.
- Simmer over medium heat until heated through and flavors blend (stirring often) about 15 minutes.
- Mix in orange peel and remaining orange juice. Season to taste with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle into chili bowls and top with cilantro.
- Pass hot sauce along side to taste.